How do I book a boat in BVI? Find out general booking procedures and process when booking a boat with The Catamaran company
Booking a Catamaran is easy as 1, 2, 3!THE BOOKING PROCESS
- WHEN SHOULD I BOOK A CATAMARAN?
The high season in BVI is typically December though April. It is imperative you try to book as far in advance as you can to secure the catamaran of choice. In the Summer months while availability might be better the catamarans with the most number of cabins tend to book sooner. It is wise to try to book at least 6 months in advance for Summer bookings and up to 12 months in advance for winter months. Email email@example.com for a detailed proposal for your next catamaran sailing vacation.
- WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP TO BOOK A SAILING VACATION
If you are looking to charter a catamaran, the best way is to call us at 1800 262 0308 and speak to a charter consultant about your catamaran trip. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email us if you prefer this method and we will send you some detailed proposals that you can look over showing you the rental fee and additional charges. You can then choose the best catamaran for your group. We will need your full name and dates. We will then send you a secure online access website that will have your contract, sailing resume and arrival info. The contract will need be signed prior to online payment and this can be done all through the online secure reservation system.
- CAN I GET MY SAILING RESUME PRE-APPROVED?
Yes, we do promote pre-approval of your sailing resume. The Catamaran company will get back to you within 48 hours. Please click on this link to submit your SAILING RESUME
- WHAT IS THE PAYMENT SCHEDULE?
- A deposit of 25% of the charter's fee is required to confirm your charter. Upon receipt of the deposit, your booking confirmation will be emailed to you. A late fee of $90.00 will be applied for payments not received by due date. The remaining 75% is due 90 days prior to your charter start.
- CAN I PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE?
We use an established insurance company that can protect you against postponements, family emergencies, sudden illness, airline delays.
- HOW DO I PAY?
Your booking is confirmed upon our receipt of the funds. Once booked, you will receive a link to your secure zone. All pertinent information is located there (contract, payment information, booking details, skipper resume, etc.). Once the contract is signed, credit card payments can be easily made online through the secure zone.
Other payment options are ACH, wire transfers (local and domestic bank fees apply) and checks (please allow 10 days for checks to clear).
Final payment is due 90 days prior to the departure date. If the charter is booked within the 90-day window, the entire amount will be due upon booking.
Please email us at email@example.com if you need assistance.
Our mailing address for checks:
The Catamaran company
4005 N. Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308
- CAN YOU HOLD THE YACHT FOR ME WHILE I CHECK ON AIRFARES?
Yes, we can 'hold' the yacht for up to 48 hours with no fee. If another charter guest would like the same dates and same catamaran that you have on hold, we will contact you as you have first right of refusal upon placing the hold with us.
- WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL?
CANCELLATION TERMS: Cancel 90 days or more prior to charter departure and a fee of $599 will apply: 60 to 89 days before departure and 50% deposit is lost; and if a charter is cancelled 59 days or less there is no refund given. Postponements are considered cancellations.
- WHAT PAPERWORK DO I NEED?
When you book a catamaran with us in BVI there are four important documents that is necessary to complete your booking.
- Signed Contract
- Sailing Resume
- Crew Arrivals
- Crew List
- Purchase optional Travel Insurance
All the above documents will be in your online secure zone to fill in and submit. We ask that the signed contract is signed along with deposit. If you wish to get pre-approval of your sailing resume prior to deposit please click here: www.catamarans.com/british-virgin-islands/sailing-resume
- IF MORE PEOPLE WANT TO JOIN, CAN WE UPGRADE TO A LARGER BOAT?
Please contact us as soon as possible to request an upgrade. We will try our best to accomodate you!