Flexible Rebooking Terms due to Covid-19*
When you entrust us with your invaluable vacation time, we want you to feel confident in those travel plans. To provide you with peace of mind amid uncertain circumstances, we are offering new flexible rebooking terms, valid for new and existing bookings made on or before December 31, 2020, and which depart on or before September 30, 2021.
In addition to our flexible rebooking terms, our updated Safety Measures endeavor to keep you and your family safe when visiting our bases.
With different options available, you have the freedom to plan your yacht charter experience, confident that if your charter with The Catamaran Company is postponed due to Covid-19*, you may at any time up until 7 days prior to departure either:
- Change the departure dates of your booking**, or
- Opt to receive a credit certificate for the charter amount*** (provided your balance is paid in full), which will be valid for any departure within 12 months from your original departure date.
- We have confirmed that we are unable to operate your vacation due to local government restrictions.
- You are unable to reach your destination due to confirmed border closures or if your Foreign Office (or equivalent Government department) advises against ‘all‘ or ‘all but essential travel‘ to your booked destination AND such measures or advice is confirmed to still be in place on your date of departure.
- Any member of your party displays symptoms of Covid-19 in the four weeks prior to your departure. Please check with your local government health department for advice on what these symptoms are and, to benefit from this policy, we will require a doctor’s note confirming that you have presented with symptoms of Covid-19.
**This is subject to the following conditions: If your charter departs between December 16, 2020 – January 2, 2021, then the notice period to make such a change will be 30 days, not 7. This change option is not applicable to Group Bookings (5 yachts or more). Except as stated otherwise, all other terms and conditions apply.
***If your charter departs between December 16, 2020 – January 2, 2021, then the notice period to make such a change will be 30 days, not 7. "Charter amount" refers to the cost of the yacht charter and ancillary extras booked at the same time, but does not include flights or other third-party services to which normal cancellation charges apply. This change option is not applicable to Group Bookings (5 yachts or more). Except as stated above all terms and conditions agreed to by you when you made your booking, including with regards cancellation, changes, or otherwise continue to apply.
Once the charter has been reserved and deposit monies have been received, the charter is considered non-refundable. Should a Charterer be forced to cancel, all monies will be forfeited. However, a Charterer may wish to purchase cancellation insurance or travel insurance. We use an established insurance company that can protect you against postponements, family emergencies, sudden illness, airline delays.
The cost of the travel guard protection is typically about 7% of the charter fee. Please note if you decline the travel insurance, then the normal cancellation policy applies.
Without this coverage, the following CANCELLATION TERMS apply: Cancel 90 days or more prior to charter departure and a fee of $599 will apply: 60 to 89 days before departure and 50% deposit is lost; and if a charter is cancelled 59 days or less there is no refund given. Please visit this link to for cancellation and postponement insurance: