COVID-19 CLEANING POLICY
CATAMARAN CHARTERS COVID-19 CLEANING POLICY
The Catamaran company has implemented a new cleaning policy that adheres to the BVI and USVI recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting of businesses to help in the deterrence of person to person transmission of COVID-19.
The safety of our guests and staff is paramount to us, so, until further notice, we have decided that all boats will have a mandatory 24 hour cleaning period between charters. This extra time will ensure our staff can properly implement the new COVID-19 cleaning procedures, keeping everyone as safe as we can.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PROCEDURESOur cleaning crew must wear personal protection equipment (PPE) such as masks and gloves at all times and keep a social distance of 6ft.
Stage 1 of COVID-19 Cleaning Procedure:
- Previous guests returning the boat must do their part (info below) to stop the spread of COVID-19
- One of our cleaning techs wearing PPE will board the boat to ensure all garbage, food, and laundry has been taken off.
- They will then spray the boat with disinfectant (all rooms) and leave the boat unoccupied and locked until the next day.
Stage 2 of COVID-19 cleaning procedure:
- cleaning techs geared in their PPE will:
- Clean and disinfect surfaces paying special attention to frequently touched surfaces and objects. Examples include doorknobs, light switches, handrails, kitchen appliances, countertops, drawer pulls, radio, fans, tables, sinks, faucet and toilet handles, keys, garbage pails, and walls.
- Clean and disinfect all kitchen appliances, re-wash all kitchen utensils, cutlery, plates, bowls, mugs, and cups, serving bowls, pots and pans, cutting boards, and Tupperware
- Wipe down all cupboards, drawers and storage spaces
- Clean and disinfect heads including walls, medicine cabinets, sinks, showers, holders and mirrors
- Clean and disinfect bedrooms including bed siding, night tables, ledges, walls, drawers and closets
- Freshly laundered and bleached linens will be supplied
- A final spray of the whole interior of the boat with disinfectant.
LAUNDRY PROCEDURETo reduce the spread of COVID-19 through soft or porous items our laundry team will:
- Wait 24 hours before washing laundry
- Wear personal protection equipment during the process
- Use industrial grade laundry detergent and bleaches
- All towels, linens, pillow covers and all other linens that can go in the laundry will be washed at the warmest possible setting with industrial-grade detergent.
- Laundry will then promptly be fully dried.
OFFICE CLEANING:Our staff will be keeping the office clean daily by:
- Wiping all surfaces down after any contact with persons visiting.
- Frequently washing hands
- Social distancing
- Emptying garbages daily
CLEANING PRODUCTS USEDThe products we will be using to clean and disinfect our office and boats meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
These products are:
- Lysol, Clorox, or Windex disinfectant spray or wipes
- Clorox, Pinesol, Simple Green or Lysol multi-surface cleaner
- Clorox or Lysol bathroom cleaner
We ask that our guests at this time help in stopping the spread by:
Upon arrival to the Tortola base:
- Wash your hands in the bathrooms (Bathroom Code 6661)
- Please practice social distancing of 6ft when using amenities at the base.
- When checking in, only 1 or 2 guests from your party should come into the office to handle the paperwork with the rest remaining outside in the fresh air.