General Questions and explanations of our charges in the BVI
- What is CDW/DDW (Yacht Insurance)?
- CDW - The Collision Damage Waiver and the DDW - Dinghy Damage Waiver:
The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and the Dinghy Damage Waiver (DDW) are mandatory for all charters and provide coverage for the yacht and its equipment including the dinghy/ob (except in the case of gross negligence or intoxication).
The CDW and DDW is payable 90 days before the charter commences and the cost is $74 per day for boats less than 50ft and $84 for boats over 50ft
Refundable Damage Deposit:
A $1000 refundable damage deposit will be charged at check-in at the base and refunded after your charter ends
- How much is NATIONAL PARKS PERMIT?
- A National Parks Permit allows you to pick up day time mooring balls in any of the BVI’s fabulous marine parks. These include the famous Baths, the Caves, the Indians, Monkey Point and the Dogs. Anchoring is prohibited in these areas in order to protect the Territory’s vulnerable reefs. The cost of a National Parks Permit is dependent on the number in your party and will vary from $25 per week for 4 guests to $55 per week for 10 guests.
- How much is the CRUISING TAX?
- All charterers sailing the BVI waters are required to purchase a Cruising Permit. We will organize this for you prior to your trip, and the cost is dependent on the number in your group. As per August 1st, 2017 the cruising tax has increased to $6 per person per day all year around.
- Can I Purchase Travel Insurance?
- We use an established insurance company that can protect you against postponements, family emergencies, sudden illness and airline delays..
Click here for travel insurance rates.
- What are our Payment plan & details?
- A deposit of 25% of the charter's fee is required to confirm your charter. Upon receipt of the deposit, your booking confirmation will be emailed to you.
The remaining 75% is due 90 days prior to your charter start. A late fee of $90.00 will be applied for payments not received by due date.
- What is our Cancellation Policy?
- CANCELLATION TERMS:
Cancel 90 days or more prior to charter departure and a fee of $599 will apply;
60 to 89 days before departure and 50% deposit is lost;
and if a charter is cancelled 59 days or less there is no refund given.
Postponements are considered cancellations.
- What is the Cleaning Fee?
- For your convenience and comfort, the cleaning fee will insure that fresh towels (no beach towels) are placed on all bedrooms and that each bed (including the forward V berths) is made up with fresh linens and a cotton blanket. All bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized and the salon will be prepared for your arrival. The outside will be freshly washed and organized ready for your departure. At the end of your charter, we will take care of the cleaning for you.
- How much is fuel?
- Fuel is not included. You will collect the boat with a full tank of fuel and you refuel at the end of your charter. Check with your boat briefer on refueling locations.
Alternatively, we can refuel the boat for you for
- $75 + fuel cost + 3.5% credit card fee applies are for vessels 35 - 45ft
- $90 + fuel cost + 3.5% credit card fee applies are for vessel 46 - 52ft