Find out what time your charter starts, boat briefing, charter briefings, taxi information and facilities at our base in BVIFAQ's: UPON ARRIVAL
- What is the physical address of the base?
The Catamaran Company (aka Catamaran Charters, Ltd)
Hodges Creek Marina, East End
Tortola, VG1130, BVI
(Contact us for a mailing address)
Our Phone Numbers:
Toll Free Reservation Number (goes to USA agents): 1800- 262 0308
Hodges Creek Marina, Tortola: 284 344 3722 (WhatsApp on the same number)
Our email address for The Catamaran Company in BVI is email@example.com. Our Agents should answer within a couple of hours. This email is monitored by all the staff and your request will be answered the same day!
- What is the Environmental & Tourism Levy?
- Effective September 1, an environmental and tourism levy of $10 will be collected on arrival at the port of entry to all visitors to the British Virgin Islands. The fund will be used to facilitate environmental protection and improvement, climate change, and the maintenance and development of tourist sites and other tourism related activities.
- How do I arrange for a taxi?
We do that for you!Sebastian’s Transport dispatcher: 284-496-7952
Once you let us know your arrival information by completing the Crew Info/List of Passengers on your online secure zone we will arrange for a taxi to meet you and bring you to The Catamaran Company base. The rates are as follows from the airport to base, or Road Town ferry to base (one-way fare):
1 passenger or 2 passengers $30.00
3 or more passengers $12.00 per person
Our local taxi company is Sebastian’s Transport. The drivers wear bright orange shirts! You can ask for them when at the ferry or at airport.
You can also contact them directly at:
ROY SEBASTIAN Number: 284-496-6701 or
- What facilities do you have at the base?
Our base is located in Hodges Creek marina, East of the island of Tortola. Currently, our on-shore facilities include shore side toilets and showers, which remain open all night. The largest supermarket in Tortola, Riteway, is 20min taxi ride away west; alternatively, a well-stocked Riteway branch is just 8 min ride east (Sebastian’s Transport 1 284 496 6701 OR 1 284 496 7952). RedRock restaurant offers a free shuttle from the marina when you make dinner reservations (RedRock Restaurant 1 284 442 1646 - https://www.redrockbvi.net/), they are just 8 minutes away. We have free Wi-Fi in our office and drinking water. Each catamaran has a built-in router. Please see instructions on the catamaran to set up the Wi-Fi or log in by following instructions appearing on your browser.
- What time can I board my catamaran?
The Catamaran Company provides you with as much sailing time as possible.
We allow you to start on any day of the week to cater to your schedule. In Tortola BVI you can pick your boarding time of 12 pm or 5 pm on any given day and ends the last day of your charter at 10am. If you board at 5pm your briefing will happen the following morning. If you board at 12pm your briefing will happen after 12pm up until 3pm. Please check your invoice for start and boarding times and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any question.
If you are staying at a hotel, please ensure you let us know what hotel you are staying at, so we can arrange a taxi transfer to and from your hotel.
If you arrive on island prior to 5pm, you are welcome to drop your bags at the office if you need to go shopping prior to your charter.
- What happens if I arrive after hours?
- Our office hours are from 8:30am to 5pm, 7 days a week (except Dec 25 and Jan 1 unless prior arrangements are made). If you arrive after this time, your boat will be ready and waiting with the lights and refrigeration turned on, and the keys on board. We will leave a welcome note aboard with details of what is available after hours and some tips for the night. When available (no generator on some models) and needed (air conditioning usage), the generator will be running, and the air conditioning will be on for your comfort. If shore power is available, air conditioning will be running on shore power and the generator will be off. Come to our office any time after 8.30am the following morning.
- What time can we expect our briefings?
We offer one-on-one personalized briefing on board the boat you will be chartering. Prior to departing our docks, you will need to come to the office for paperwork. A full boat and charter briefing will follow aboard the boat. Our office hours are 8:30am - 5pm. Boat and chart briefings depend on your arrival time. If you board at 5pm your briefing will happen the following morning. If you board at 12pm your briefing will happen after 12pm up until 3pm.