Q: Where will we be cruising?
A: The most popular cruising areas in the Caribbean are:
- The Virgin Islands (U.S. (USVI) & British (BVI)) is the most popular chartering destination for many reasons, including consistency of great weather and wind (sailing conditions), the variety of natural environments including some of the best coral reefs in the Caribbean, and the proximity to important services such as international airports and shopping for food and supplies.
- The Spanish Virgins: Culebra and Vieques, plus eastern Puerto Rico.
- Leeward Islands: St. Martin & St. Bart's to Antigua.Windward Islands:
- St. Lucia to St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- We also charter yachts from Florida and the Bahamas, Thailand; Mediterranean generally your cruising would be contained within an island group mentioned above.
- To cruise other areas in the Caribbean is possible, but it will require more planning and usually cost more due to airfare, provisioning, etc.
If you are chartering a catamaran motor yacht, you can cover more than one cruising area in a shorter period of time, but fuel costs are extra. We will be glad to provide more information about alternate destinations upon your request