Lagoon 450 –4 Cabin/4 Head/2 Singles/Salon Convert
Catamaran available for Bareboat Charter in Tortola, BVI
Longing for a DREAM vacation? KNOTTY DREAMS II .... a 2014 Lagoon 450 is available for charter in the BVIs. Outfitted for a dream vacation ..... GPS, Power Winches, Gas Grill, Air Conditioning, Microwave, Sun Mat on the Flybridge, Windlass and more!
Knotty Dreams II is based in the British Virgin Islands on the main island of Tortola. The BVIs are a perfect place for a sailing vacation with a tropical climate and world class beaches. You will find out what sailors since Columbus have known …. the trade winds always blow for your sailing pleasure. If you dreamed of a place to go sailing, you would probably think of….. Caribbean blue water, palm trees, sandy beaches, reefs for snorkeling, beach bars, lush green islands, and secluded anchorages ….it is all there! You can even explore hiking trails to take you to the top of the islands for picturesque views that are priceless.
Knotty Dreams II is a brand new Lagoon 450 with features that lifelong sailors will appreciate. With the helm on a fly bridge, power winches, instrumentation, and dual engines, sailing Knotty Dreams II is a breeze. It is also a spacious catamaran with a relatively smooth ride that even those who have never sailed before can enjoy. There are lounging areas on the foredeck, aft salon, and on the fly bridge to allow your group to spread out and have a very relaxing vacation.
With the helm on the fly bridge you can see all points of the boat as well as enhanced view for sailing. All winches are the Knotty Dreams II are electric. There is also a control for the windlass at the helm with a chain length counter to make anchoring easier.The Catamaran Company, the world’s largest Lagoon dealer, manages the chartering service for Knotty Dreams II at our base at Hodges Creek Marina at Maya Cove on the East End of Tortola. We will be able to answer all of your questions about the boat and the islands for a great vacation. If you want to relax even more ... we can arrange for a skipper and/or chef to be on board so you will have no worries during your trip.
|Number of Persons:||12|
|Number of Double Cabins:||4|
|Number of Showers:||4|
|Salon Converts:||Yes (2 pax)|
|Air conditioning throughout|
Why Charter Knotty Dreams II
- Did we say fly bridge! Great visibility for sailing, anchoring, and docking. Neither Moorings nor Sunsail boats have one.
- Three separate outside social areas
- Seating for all of the crew on the fly bridge
- New open aft cockpit design, lounger for two people in aft cockpit – for those relaxing mornings and evenings
- Forward cockpit – comfortable for sailing during the day and happy hour late afternoon
- Cutting edge technology & sophisticated design
- Cutaway steps at the transoms – to make it easier to get in and out of your dinghy
- LED lighting in salon and on steps to fly bridge – to set the mood in the evening
- Bright ,airy salon with 360 degree panoramic views
- Interior design by Nauta provides a touch of elegance and functionality
- Seats at each pulpit – ride the waves and see dolphins up close (see video)
Knotty Dreams II upgrades:
- GPS navigation – helps to navigate to that one particular harbor or looking for a place to anchor
- Cruising guide so you don’t miss any of the hidden gems and have numbers to call ahead for reservations
- Sleeps up to 12 people – 4 double cabins, salon berth for 2, single bunk in each forepeak (great for kids or for privacy if you have a captain and chef on board)
- Each cabin has a private ensuite head with teak flooring, shower, toilet, sink and vanity area
- Hand shower at the transom to wash off the salt and the sand when returning from the beach
- CD player and iPOD/MP3 plug-in – it's the islands... bring the music you love to listen to
- Outside speakers for the aft cockpit and fly bridge
- WIFI (service fee applies – contact base for more details)
- Sun lounging pad for 3 in front of helm – unique to Lagoon 450 (though not all 450’s have this)
- Power winches – for mainsail, geneoa, and for raising the dinghy – takes the work out of sailing
- Windlass for anchor, including a remote control at the helm on the fly bridge
- Refrigerator & freezer in galley and a refrigerator in the aft cockpit make it easy to get a cold drink
- Generator – Why do you care? It allows you to charge your laptops, phones, etc. away from shore (Ladies – yes, hair dryers can be used when the generator is in operation on Knotty Dreams)
- Air conditioning – you will appreciate it on those hot nights
- Blender – for making those tropical boat drinks
- Microwave – for warming leftovers from that great Island dinner the night before
- Gas Grill – most boats have a charcoal grill but Knotty Dreams makes outdoor cooking easier with a gas grill!!
Lagoon 450 Interior Features
The salon area on the Knotty Dreams II is spacious and elegant. Designed by Nauta, the interior salon has wrap around windows to provide 360 degree panoramic views to enjoy every minute of the BVIs. Both the door and window beside the galley push back to open up the space even more so you can feel island breezes while in the salon. The wide opening makes it easy to serve your crew while they're relaxing in the aft salon. The light wood and the sunlight through all the windows makes you forget about those dark and dingy monohauls you might have sailed!The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need with which to cook, including a microwave for warming leftovers from the wonderful dinner you enjoyed ashore last night or heating water for a cup of tea in the morning. It also has one of the most essential pieces of equipment for a great sailing vacation – a blender for those island drink specials! You can choose to eat in the aft salon or inside. Both seating areas have a large table for you and your guests. Knotty Dreams II has 4 large double cabins, fore and aft in each pontoon. These cabins each have an ensuite vanity, head, and shower for privacy for each couple. If you have a larger group, kids, or a need for a captain and/or chef, Knotty Dreams II has additional sleeping options. There are single berths forward in each pontoon. Additionally, the table in the main salon converts into a double bed. So a total of 12 can sleep comfortably aboard Knotty Dreams II. A little warm in the BVIs? No worries! Knotty Dreams II has air conditioning. The generator that powers the air conditioner also provides electricity throughout the boat to power up your electrical devices so you can stay connected and share your experiences. We trust you will find everything on Knotty Dreams II to make this a dream vacation!
Lagoon 450 Catamaran Exterior & Sailing Performance
When you make the commitment for a sailing vacation, you want a boat that’s enjoyable to sail whether there are only two on board or more. You also want a boat that has plenty of areas for your group to enjoy during the week. From the moment you step aboard you will notice the features of the next generation Lagoon 450 that makes Knotty Dreams II special.It all starts on the fly bridge where the boat is rigged for single handling. There are power winches for raising the main or tacking the genoa. The windlass can be operated from the fly bridge as well as the foredeck to raise or lower the anchor. Lazy jacks for the main and roller furling for the Genoa enables one person to lower the sails. With a GPS and Auto-Pilot on board, you will have what you need to find that one particular harbor! Knotty Dreams II boasts a multi-person sun cushion on top of the cabin which is easily accessed from the fly bridge. What other boat have you chartered that has this! The aft saloon provides plenty of shade from the sun, has a two person lounger, and a refrigerator so cold drinks are only a short reach away. The special LED lighting at night puts the accent on a great day of sailing! Up front at the forepeaks of each pontoon are seats for those who want to ride the waves. There is a cushioned seating area on the foredeck for socializing and watching the stars at night. A swim ladder at the transom provides easy access to the boat, while a shower hose is there to wash off the salt and the sand. The cutaway sides on the aft of the pontoons make it easy to get in and out of the dinghy, while raising the dinghy on the davits is made easy with a power winch.